Switcher Studio's auto-switching feature allows you to automatically rotate between live sources, including:
- Camera angles
- Screens shared with Switcher Cast
- Video Chat guests/shared screens
This feature is especially useful if you are running a production by yourself, or if you want to have continuous camera-switching.
Note: Auto-switching is not meant to be used on an iPhone in horizontal mode.
- Auto-switching Video Tutorial
- How to Set up and Use Auto-switching
- Using Auto-switching with the Preview Window
Auto-switching Video Tutorial
How to Set up and Use Auto-switching
The video tutorial above and the steps below provide instructions for using Auto-switching without the Preview window.
Step 1: Add sources to your production
Before using auto-switching, connect your cameras and any other sources you plan to use during your production.
Note: Auto-switching will apply to all live sources. You cannot restrict it to only some.
Step 2: Select your auto-switching settings
- Go to the Auto-switch tab (icon that looks like two cameras in a circle) on your main switcher.
- By default auto-switching will move through the sources in consecutive order (i.e. the order they were connected to Switcher Studio). Tap the toggle next to Shuffle if you want auto-switching to be random, instead of in consecutive order. When Shuffle is enabled, the button is to the right, and the toggle is blue.
- Tap Interval to adjust how long each source will remain on screen before the auto-switching occurs. Use the wheel to set a minute and/or second interval.
Step 3: Start auto-switching
- Tap Start to initiate the Auto-switching feature.
Note: You still need to tap the red button to start recording/streaming if you turn on auto-switching before you begin your production.
Step 4: Stop auto-switching
There are two ways to stop auto-switching:
- Tap Stop to disable the Auto-switching feature.
- OR, tap any full-screen asset or source to stop auto-switching and resume manual switching.
Using Auto-switching with the Preview Window
If you prefer to use the Preview window during your production, you can still use Auto-switching. Follow steps 1 and 2 above to choose your Auto-switching settings.
When you are ready to begin using the feature:
- Go to the Auto-switching tab and tap Start.
Auto-switching will begin and continue, until you do one of the following:
- Tap Stop in the Auto-switching tab.
- Or push a full-screen asset or single camera view from the Preview window to the Live window.