You can connect up to nine devices in a Switcher Studio production. When setting up your iOS devices as cameras there are two main steps:
- Selecting one device as the main switcher and others as remote cameras
- Enabling remote camera views in the switcher so they can be used during your production
All the devices you plan to use during your livestream must be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
Designating Devices as the Switcher or Remote Camera
For each production, you’ll need to designate one device as the switching device and connect your other devices as remote cameras. The switcher will control your video production.
Note: Open and log into the main switching device first. You should not log into the devices you're using as additional cameras.
- Open the Switcher Studio app on the device that you’ll use as the main switcher.
- Log in if prompted.
- Tap Use as Switcher.
- Open the Switcher Studio app on each device that will be used as a camera only. Do not log into the app, simply open it.
- Tap Share This Device.
- Tap Share This Camera or Share This Screen. Sharing the camera will allow you to use the camera from the device as an input. Sharing the screen will allow you to share the screen from the device as an input.
Share This Device is Unavailable
If Share This Device is dimmed and you cannot tap the button, it means your device is not connected to the same Wi-Fi network as the main switcher. Once you connect to the correct Wi-Fi network, you will be able to tap the button.
Enabling Camera Views in the Switcher
Once you’ve designated your devices as either the switcher or a remote camera, you’ll need to enable the remote cameras as inputs within the main switching device. Enabling them as inputs will allow you to select from the camera views during your production.
- Open the Switcher Studio app on the device you’ve designated as the switcher.
- Tap the Inputs tab (camera icon in lower tab bar).
- You should see the devices you’ve designated as remote cameras.
- Tap on a device name to enable it as a usable camera angle in your production. Once enabled, a blue check mark will appear next to the device name.
- You’ll see all your enabled cameras in the Sources / Production panel.
When you enable a remote camera in the switcher, you'll receive a message on the remote camera device notifying you that another device is taking control of the camera. Tap the Allow button. If you enable the Allow Automatically option, you will not have to manually tap Allow to connect the camera in the future.
Switching between Camera Views during Your Production
During your production, simply tap a camera in the Sources / Production panel to switch to its view.