You can bring in an iOS device's screen as an Input source in Switcher Studio. In other words, you can screenshare your iPhone's display into your video production.
There are three steps for iOS screensharing:
- Setting up screen recording in your iPhone's Control Center (this is a one-time process).
- Initiating screensharing from your iOS device.
- Enabling the iOS display as an Input source in Switcher Studio.
Setting up Screen Recording in your iPhone's Control Center
Once you've added screen recording to your Control Center, you do not have to go through this step again (unless you remove it later).
- Go to Settings on the iPhone whose display you will screenshare
- Tap Control Center.
- Tap Customize Controls.
- Scroll down to Screen Recording and tap the green plus to add this tool to the Control Center.
- When you view your Control Center you will see the icon for Screen Recording.
Initiating Screensharing from your iOS Device
- Access the Control Center on your iPhone.
- Tap and hold the Screen Recording icon.
- Tap Switcher Cast.
- Tap Start Broadcast.
- You will see a time indicating your screen is being recorded.
Enabling the iOS Display as an Input Source in Switcher Studio
- Open the Switcher Studio iOS app on the device you're using as the switcher.
- Tap the Inputs tab (camera icon in lower tab bar).
- Under Sources on Your Wi-Fi Network, you should see your iPhone's display.
- Tap the display name to enable it as an Input in your production. Once enabled, a blue check mark will appear next to it, and it will show up in your Sources / Production panel.