You can schedule your Facebook livestreams from the Switcher Studio Dashboard or mobile app. The instructions below are for the Dashboard.
You can schedule streams up to seven days in advance and share the link before going live.
Scheduling a Facebook stream in the Switcher Studio Dashboard
Step 1: Log into the Switcher Studio Dashboard.
Step 2: Link to/select Facebook as your streaming destination
- If you have not yet linked your Facebook account to Switcher, click Link Account and follow the prompts.
- If you have already linked your account, click Facebook from the Linked Accounts section of the Dashboard homepage.
Step 3: Select your Facebook destination (Page, Timeline, Group)
- The Facebook stream setup screen will show your default streaming destination (Page, Timeline, Group) and available settings.
- To change the destination, click the gear icon in the top right and click Choose New Destination.
- Click My Timeline, Page, or Group, and you will see your destination options.
- Click your desired streaming destination.
Note: if you do not see the Page or Group you want to stream to, it is likely you did not allow Switcher Studio full permission when linking your Facebook account. Check out this article for step-by-step instructions on relinking your account and resetting your permissions: Facebook Visibility & Permissions Issues
Step 4: Select your livestream settings
- Enter a Title and Description to make it easier to identify for both you and your audience. You can change this information later.
- Select a quality (if you're at the location where you'll be streaming, we recommend using the Test Speed button to have Switcher select the Stream Quality based on your network speed).
Step 5: Enable the Schedule option
- Click the toggle button next to Schedule. When Scheduling is enabled, the button will turn orange and a box will appear with date and time information.
Step 6: Select Scheduling options
- Click in the box with date and time details that appeared when you enabled Scheduling in the last step above. A calendar will appear.
- Click a date that's within seven days.
- Click the clock icon under the calendar to adjust the time.
- Use the up and down arrows to adjust the start time. Alternatively, you can click on the hour to choose between 1 - 12, and you can click on the minute to choose a common start time.
- Click the AM/PM button to toggle between the two.
- Click anywhere off the calendar or time selector when you are finished selecting the start time.
Step 7: Create the Scheduled stream
- Click the Create Livestream button.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your stream is synced with Switcher Studio.
When you log into the Switcher Studio app, you will see the name of your scheduled broadcast in the Outputs tab. Simply go live at the scheduled time, and you'll be all set!