There are three Asset types that allow you to import image files that are not full-screen:
- Image Overlays
- Image as Lower Third
You can import .png or .jgp. files using the following options:
If your file is in Google Drive or Dropbox, you'll want to follow the instructions specifically for those platforms, which are linked above.
If you're importing your image from your device or with Switcher Cloud, the instructions vary slightly depending on which asset type you are creating.
The only differences between the three Asset types is the default position and size of the imported image.
- Logo: small corner bug in lower right-hand corner
- Image Overlays: larger than logo, placed in center of screen
- Image as Lower Third: largest, placed in center of screen.
This graphic shows how each type is imported (Logo, Overlay, Lower Third):
Importing Image Files into Switcher
Accessing the image file
- Open Switcher Studio on your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the blue + button, which is located at the bottom of the Sources / Production panel.
- Tap Logo or Text & Graphics > Image Overlays/Image as Lower Third
- Tap the source where your file is stored (Photo Library, Switcher Cloud, etc.)
- Tap the file you'd like to import.
Understanding and adjusting the Asset Properties
Once you've selected the image file you want to import, you will see a Properties modal window that allows you to adjust the following settings:
- Apply on Preview: This option is only relevant if you are using the Preview window during your production. If enabled, the Asset will appear in the Preview Window first and you will need to tap Preview > Live to show the graphic. If it is not enabled, the Asset will go straight to the Live window when you tap it.
- Stay on Top: When enabled, the Asset will always remain in the foreground on the screen.
You will also be able to adjust the size of the image and the on-sceen location as follows:
- Adjusting the size: Using two fingers, pinch out on the image to make it bigger. Pinch in on the image to make it smaller.
- Adjusting the on-screen location: Tap and hold on the image, then slide it to your desired location on the screen.
When you are satisfied with the settings, tap Done in the top-right corner of the Video Properties window.
Your Asset will appear as a thumbnail in your Sources / Production panel.
Using Logos, Image Overlays, & Image as Lower Third Assets during your Production
- When you want to display one of these Asset types during your video, simply tap the thumbnail in the Sources / Production panel.
- The Asset will appear as an overlay atop a camera view or full-screen asset.
- To remove the Asset, tap the thumbnail in the Sources / Production panel.