Streaming to LinkedIn Live is easy with Switcher Studio's native integration. Please keep in mind that currently LinkedIn Live is only available for a limited group of beta members and organizations through LinkedIn. If you do not already have access, you must request access to LinkedIn Live from the LinkedIn team.
Note: Individuals can stream to a personal LinkedIn account (i.e. People page) or an organization's LinkedIn account (i.e. Company page).
Once you've been granted access, there are three main steps to streaming to LinkedIn Live from Switcher Studio. The first step is usually a one-time process to set up, and then occasional requirement as the authorization expires. Steps 2 and 3, which are outlined below, are required every time you go live:
- Connect your LinkedIn account to Switcher Studio
- Set up a LinkedIn Live stream in Switcher Studio
- Initiate the broadcast in Switcher Studio
If you're not ready to go live, check out our article that walks through setting up a private test stream on LinkedIn.
Setting up a LinkedIn Live Stream in Switcher Studio
- Open Switcher Studio in your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the Outputs tab (this should be the default screen).
- Tap the blue arrow next to LinkedIn Live.
- To set up a livestream immediately, keep the Scheduling option set to Go live now.
Note: For instructions on scheduling a stream for later, check out the article Scheduling a LinkedIn Live Stream.
- Tap the box below Post description to type a description of the stream. This text will be included in the post of your livestream.
- Tap the box below Visible to, to select your audience visibility.
- Tap Everyone if you do not want to restrict who can watch your video. Tap My connections if you want to restrict the visibility.
- Tap the box below Region.
- Tap the region that is closest to your streaming location. This ensures LinkedIn uses the most optimal server for your stream.
- Tap the desired stream setting. The selected setting will turn green.
Note: You'll want to select a stream quality that you're confident your network can support, as the most common cause of broadcast interruptions is selecting a quality that is too high. The options shown in Switcher Studio correspond to the following resolutions:
- Low = 480x270, 500kbps
- Medium = 640x360, 800kbps
- High = 960x540, 1200kbps
- HD = 1280x720, 2000kbps
These resolutions are adjusted to 540p, 720p, and 1080p if 1080p streaming is enabled.
- When you are finished setting up the stream, tap Go live now.
Initiating the LinkedIn Live Broadcast in Switcher Studio
- After tapping Go live now as described above, you will be taken back to the main Switcher Studio production screen.
- In the Outputs tab, next to LinkedIn Live, you should see the first part of the description for the stream you created.
- Tap LinkedIn Live, and a blue check mark will appear, confirming it as the streaming destination.
- To go live to LinkedIn, tab the big red button in the top-right corner.