Sometimes a camera may lose its connection to the main switcher during a live production. The disconnect may occur due to a drop in Wi-Fi, an incoming phone call, a device's battery running low, etc.
If a camera is disconnected, you can quickly recover the camera without interrupting the stream or recording.
Step-by-step instructions for recovering a disconnected camera
- Completely close the Switcher Studio app on the device that was disconnected.
- Re-launch the app.
- Choose Share This Device.
- Choose Share This Camera or Share This Screen.
- Open the Inputs tab on your main switching device.
- Tap the device to re-synchronize and add it to your production.
If you have the option Record On All Cameras enabled, a new video clip will begin once the camera is synced.