One of the easiest ways to add a professional touch to your live videos is by using text graphics, including Titles, Lower Thirds, and Broadcast Notifications. Switcher Studio's built-in templates make it easy to create your own branded version of these asset types.
While there are several ways to customize these graphics, the process to create them is essentially the same.
Creating Text Graphics from Templates
- Open Switcher Studio on your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the blue "+" button, which is located at the bottom of the Sources / Production panel.
- Tap Text & Graphics.
- Tap the asset type you want to create (e.g. Titles, Lower Thirds, etc).
- Scroll through the list to see the available templates.
- Tap a template to begin customizing it.
The options to customize a template will vary depending on the asset type and the template you have selected. When you tap on a template, you will see all the available properties that you can customize. Here are some of the most common options:
- Text: tap the text under the template preview window. Delete the pre-populated text and type in the next text. Use Enter on your keyboard to add multiple lines of text. Some templates have built-in Title and Subtitle options.
- Logo: Some text templates include a logo graphic that can be customized using your own logo or with built-in social media icons. Tap the image next to the Logo property to change it. Tap Photo Library, Files/USB Drive, or Switcher Cloud to choose from your own logos. Tap Social Icons to select a built-in social media icon.
- Text size: Most templates include a slider to adjust the text size. Slide to the right to make the text bigger and to the left to make it smaller.
- Text alignment: Tap to select between left, center, and right alignment.
- Font: Some assets allow you to select a font, based on what is available on the OS of your device. Tap the right arrow next to Font to see the options.
- Style: Tap to enable/disable Bold and Italic font styles.
- Background color: Text assets that include a non-transparent background allow you to set a background color. Choose between using the Palette picker, RBG sliders, or color swatches. As you select a color, you'll see the CSS code change in the preview color box. Tap the preview color box at any time to type in a specific CSS color code.
- Background transparency: Slide to the right to decrease transparency.
- Text color: Choose between using the Palette picker, RBG sliders, or color swatches. As you select a color, you'll see the CSS code change in the preview color box. Tap the preview color box at any time to type in a specific CSS color code.
- Graphic size: Some assets allow you to adjust the size of the graphic itself. To make it bigger, pinch out on the graphic. To make it smaller, pinch in on the graphic.
- On-screen location: For assets that aren't full-screen, you can adjust the on-screen position by tapping and holding the text, then sliding it to your desired location.
- Stay on top: When you enable this option, the asset will always appear on top of anything occupying the same space on the screen, ensuring the asset is always visible.
Once you're happy with the customization, tap Done in the top right corner. Your new text graphic will appear in the Sources / Production panel.
Using Text Graphics during your Production
To display a text graphic during your production, simply tap the asset in the Source / Production panel.
If it is not a full-screen asset, the graphic will appear on top of what is already on screen. To remove it, tap the text asset in the Sources panel again.
If the text graphic is full-screen, it will replace whatever is on screen. To move on from a full-screen asset, tap a camera view or another full-screen asset.