How to Stream to LinkedIn Live Using Custom RTMP
You can livestream to LinkedIn Live with Switcher using Custom RTMP. LinkedIn's live event creator makes it easy to set up the livestream using their website and the Switcher Studio Dashboard. Once the Custom RTMP information has been added to Switcher, you will be able to livestream to LinkedIn using the Switcher app on your iOS device.
- LinkedIn Live Requirements
- How to Create the LinkedIn Live Post
- How to Create the LinkedIn Live Custom RTMP in Switcher
- How to Go Live to LinkedIn Live With the Switcher App
LinkedIn Live Requirements
- Audience base of more than 150 followers and/or connections
- Recent shares of original content of any type
- History of abiding by LinkedIn's Professional Community Policies
Note: LinkedIn Live is not available for members and Pages based in mainland China. For more information on LinkedIn's requirements for Live Video access, see LinkedIn Live Video Access Criteria
How to Create the LinkedIn Live Post
- On a computer, go to the LinkedIn Custom Stream page.
- Below New stream, ensure Go live now is selected.
- In the Create a post section, select the profile or LinkedIn Page you would like to stream to.
- For profiles, select the level of visibility you want for the post.
- Under Your stream details, add the stream Title.
- In the Stream settings tab, pick your region, then click Get URL.
- Note: Not all regions have a dedicated source in the Region dropdown list. If you don’t see your region, you can still go live by selecting the region closest to you.
- Copy the Stream URL and Stream Key.
How to Create the LinkedIn Live Custom RTMP in Switcher
- In a new tab, log into the Switcher Studio Dashboard.
- Click Platforms in the left sidebar.
- Click Set Up Custom RTMP next to Custom RTMP.
- Enter the Channel Nickname.
- Past the LinkedIn Live Stream URL (Server URL) and Stream Key into the corresponding fields on the Switcher Dashboard page.
- Select the desired stream settings in the Broadcast Options settings.
- Click Save.
How to Go Live to LinkedIn Live With the Switcher App
- Open the Switcher app on your iOS device.
- Tap Horizontal or Vertical.
- Tap the Outputs tab. (box and arrow icon)
- Tap the blue arrow next to Custom RTMP.
- Select the LinkedIn Live Custom RTMP channel you created.
- Tap Done in the top-left corner.
- Press the red circle in the top-right corner.
- A preview of the stream will appear on the LinkedIn Live webpage on the computer.
- When you are ready to go live, click Go Live on the LinkedIn Live webpage.
- Once you start streaming in your streaming software, you will see a preview of your live video on the custom stream page.
- You can stop the stream by clicking End stream on the upper right of the LinkedIn Live webpage, then tap the stop button in the Switcher app.