When streaming to YouTube from Switcher Studio, you can view livestream comments directly in the app. This integration makes it easier to manage and engage with comments in real-time.
Note: When using an iPhone as the main switcher device, it must be in vertical mode to access many of the features/tabs, including Comments.
Viewing YouTube Comments in Switcher Studio
Once you have started your livestream, you can view incoming comments, as follows:
- Tap the Comments tab (speech bubble icon) in the tab bar.
- You will see "Connected to..." text at the bottom of the tab, that shows the name of the stream.
- As audience members comment, they will appear in chronological order, with the oldest comments on top and newest on bottom.e Comments box.
Note: There is a very slight delay between when the original comment is posted on the stream, and when it appears in the app.
Switcher Studio includes an option to star your favorite comments to make it easier to view them. This is especially useful if you plan on referencing or responding to specific comments while live. This is an internal tool that is not visible to the audience.
- Tap the star on the comment you want to add as a favorite. The space around the star will turn blue.
- To view the comments you have marked as a favorite, tap the star in the top right corner.
- To remove a star, simply tap the star next to the comment again. The blue highlight will go away. The comment will no longer appear in the favorites section.