Guided Access is a setting available on iPhones and iPads that limits your device to a single app and lets you control which features are available. While Guided Access provides accessibility benefits, using it with Switcher Studio can also help prevent against accidentally closing the app during your production. That's because when Guided Access is on, you cannot close the app by tapping the Home button or swiping the app away.
There are three primary steps to using Guided Access with Switcher Studio:
- Enabling Guided Access on the device
- Initiating Guided Access for a Switcher Studio session
- Ending a Guided Access session & closing Switcher Studio
Enabling & Setting up Guided Access
Before you can use Guided Access with Switcher Studio, you must enable it in the device's Settings app.
- Go to your device's Settings app.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Guided Access.
- Tap Passcode Settings.
- Tap Set Guided Access Passcode.
- Enter a passcode, then re-enter it.
Initiating Guided Access for a Switcher Studio Session
To use Guided Access with Switcher Studio, you must initiate it while the app is open. You will have options to select from to limit responses.
- Open the Switcher Studio app on the device you plan to use as the main switcher.
- Initiate Guided Access, based on your device: If your device has a Home button, tap it three times. If your device does not have a Home button, triple-click the side button.
- Tap Start.
You will receive a confirmation message that Guide Access has started. Tap Use as Switcher to start using the app.
Alternatively, you can use Siri to start a Guided Access session.
- Open the Switcher Studio app.
- Then tell Siri "Turn on Guided Access."
- You will receive a confirmation message that Guided Access has started.
Setting Additional Guided Access Controls
While Guided Access is on, you can view and adjust other options, as follows:
- Triple-click the Side or Home button again.
- Enter your passcode.
- Tap Options.
- Make adjustments as needed.
- Tap Resume or Start.
Ending a Guided Access Session & Closing Switcher Studio
When you are finished using Switcher Studio, you will need to disable Guided Access in order to close the app, as follows:
- Triple-click the Side or Home button.
- Enter your Guided Access passcode.
Depending on the settings, the session may end immediately after entering your password, or you you may be taken to the main Guided Access screen. If you are taken to the Guided Access screen, tap End.
You will receive a confirmation message that Guided Access has ended. Close the Switcher Studio app like normal.