Enabling Automatic Captioning on LinkedIn
Adding captions to your livestream could make it easier for your audience to follow along with your content. Switcher Studio has a feature that allows you to add captions to your LinkedIn Live video automatically. This feature only currently works for English audio content. You can enable the feature as follows:
- Select LinkedIn as the output destination of either your scheduled or current stream.
- Below the Region dropdown, there is a switch labeled Enable Auto Captioning (English).
- Toggle the switch to the on position (it will be orange).
That's it! There are some items to note for LinkedIn Live Auto Captions:
- Auto Captions must be enabled BEFORE the broadcast in order to show up on LinkedIn.
- Captions can be REMOVED from LinkedIn videos after the broadcast is published, but cannot be ADDED after the broadcast has started.
- Captions are generated by LinkedIn and not by Switcher Studio.