Before broadcasting on LinkedIn Live, you can create a private test stream to ensure you’re happy with the setup. The testing mode is called Live Preview. You’ll initiate the test stream in Switcher, then share the preview link with yourself so that you can watch the private test on LinkedIn in real time.
Note: To view the test, you'll need a second device, separate from the device you're using to run Switcher Studio. The second device can be any internet-connected device, such as a computer, tablet, or phone.
Setting up a private test stream
- Open Switcher Studio in your main switching device.
- Tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the Outputs tab (this should be the default screen).
- Tap the blue arrow to the right of LinkedIn Live to create a new live video post.
- Enter a name for the test if you'd like. Ignore the visibility settings as they aren't applicable to tests.
- Tap the toggle button next to Live Preview, so that the button turns orange and is on the right.
- If desired, adjust your stream quality.
- Tap Create Livestream.
- To begin your private test, tap the broadcast/record button (red button) in the top right corner.
Sharing the link with yourself and viewing the live test stream
- In the Sources / Production Panel, tap the Share icon (blue icon next to the AF icon, with 3 dots).
- When the Share dialog opens, tap Share Event.
- Select how you would like the share the link with yourself (email app, Messages app, copy the link, etc).
- From a different device, click or tap on the link you shared with yourself.
- View the test video on LinkedIn.
Ending the test stream
Once you are satisfied with the test, stop the stream as follows:
- Open Switcher Studio in your main switching device running the test stream.
- Tap the big red button.
Note: To go live publicly after this, you will need to create a new broadcast.