If you imported a .png file that had a transparent background in its original format, but it's no longer transparent once it's been added as an asset, there could be a few underlying causes.
- File was imported from iCloud
- File was Imported from Switcher Cloud without selecting the file type
- File was uploaded to Switcher Cloud as Photo instead of Lower Third
Below we explain each of these potential causes and how to avoid or resolve them.
File was imported from iCloud
Files that are stored in iCloud lose their transparent backgrounds. If you import an asset from iCloud, it will have a solid colored background in Switcher Studio. We recommend storing and importing asset files outside of iCloud. You can store them in your Photos app, in a third-party file hosting service like Dropbox or Google Drive, or on Switcher Cloud.
File was imported from Switcher Cloud without selecting the file type
When you import an asset with a transparent background to the app from Switcher Cloud, you should follow these steps:
- Open Switcher Studio from the device that will be your switcher and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the + button in the Sources panel.
- Tap Logo.
- Tap Switcher Cloud.
- Make any adjustments in the asset property window.
- Tap Done.
If you selected Switcher Cloud in step #3, it's possible you selected a full-screen file without transparency.
File was uploaded to Switcher Cloud as Photo instead of Lower Third
When you upload an asset to Switcher Cloud using the Switcher Studio Dashboard, you have the option to upload the file as a Photo or Image as Lower Third. If you select Photo, your file will be uploaded as a full-screen asset with no transparency. If you select Image as Lower Third, and your original file has a transparent background, the asset in Switcher Studio will maintain the transparency.
To upload a transparent .png file correctly:
- Go to the Switcher Cloud section of your Switcher Studio Dashboard here: https://dashboard.switcherstudio.com/cloud
- Click the Upload button in the top right.
- Click the Choose File button.
- Select the file you want to upload.
- Select the Image as lower third option.
- Click the Upload button.
If none of these scenarios apply to your asset, please email the Switcher Studio Support team at [email protected] and describe how you imported the asset and the source of the asset. They will help troubleshoot the issue.