By default, Switcher Studio keeps a recorded version of your livestream and stores all the recorded video files in the app. There are several reasons you may want to locate the video files. For example, you may want to export them, make a copy, or delete them to free up storage. This article walks through how to locate and export the files.
- Accessing Video Recordings in the Mobile App
- Exporting Video Recordings to your iPhone, iPad, or Computer
- Accessing Video Streams from your Dashboard
Accessing Video Recordings in the Mobile App
There are two ways to access the video files you've created with Switcher Studio, which are called My Recordings:
Option 1: Tap the hamburger menu
You can access My Recordings by tapping the hamburger menu (three horizontal lines) on the app sign-in screen or from the main interface.
Option 2: Tap the shortcut (folder icon) on the app launch screen.
Note: You must be logged into the app to access the shortcut.
Exporting Video Recordings to your iPhone, iPad, or Computer
To export Switcher Studio recordings:
- Go to My Recordings
- Tap the right arrow next to the video you want to export
- Tap the Share icon (square with an arrow pointing upward) in the top of the modal window.
What you do next depends on how you want to export the file and the destination. The options are outlined below.
Transferring your videos to your iOS device
- Go to My Recordings.
- Tap the right arrow next to the video file(s) you want to export.
- Tap the Share icon in the top right (square with an arrow pointing upward).
- Select Send To Photo Library.
- Select either Move or Copy. Move will transfer the file to your Photo app and remove it permanently from Switcher Studio. Copy will transfer the file to your Photos app and leave a copy within Switcher Studio.
Note: Videos cannot be recovered once deleted. We recommend using the Copy option and then manually deleting the file from Switcher Studio after verifying the copy is successfully transferred.
Transferring your videos to your computer
- Connect your main switching device to any computer (Mac or PC) that has a copy of the iTunes software installed.
- Open iTunes and you will see an icon for your device towards the top left. Click the icon.
- Scroll down the menu on the left-hand side and select File Sharing.
- Scroll down the main page and select Switcher.
- Your recordings (and the archived recordings of your streams) will appear in chronological order from oldest to newest.
- Click a recording. Hold down on it, and drag it onto your computer's desktop (or to a computer folder). It will move a copy onto your computer while retaining one in your Switcher Studio app.
Accessing Video Streams from your Dashboard
If you're looking for the final stream and not the video file, you'll find links to your past streams in your Switcher Studio Dashboard here:
- Log into your Dashboard at switcherstudio.com.
- Scroll down to the My Videos tab.
- Your streams are shown in chronological order from newest to oldest.