One of the benefits of using Switcher Studio for livestreaming is the ability to make changes to your broadcast in real time. You can add and remove graphics, change camera angles, and play other videos, all from the main switching device. Generally, all it takes is tapping on an asset in the Sources panel to add or remove it from your broadcast. However, one of the most utilized features in Switcher Studio — Multiview Layouts — works differently. We’ve outlined it below.
Combining camera angles to show multiple views during your livestream
If you’re using more than one device, in addition to switching between camera angles, you can combine camera views using Switcher Studio’s built-in Multi-views. The most popular Multi-view is called Dashboard, which allows up to 4 camera views on the screen simultaneously. To use the Dashboard view, first you’ll create a new Multi-view and then you’ll use it during the stream:
Creating a new Multi-view
- From your main switching device, tap the + icon.
- Tap Multi-views.
- Tap Dashboard.
- Next to Number of Sources, tap the number of camera views you want to show simultaneously.
- Adjust the settings as desired.
- Tap Done in the top right.
Using the Dashboard Multi-view during your stream
- Tap the Multi-view you’d like to use in the Sources panel.
- Tap the cameras or assets you’d like to include in the Mult-view. Note: The camera views / assets will be ordered from left-to-right in the order you select them.
- To replace a camera view or asset in the Multi-view, tap the replacement in the Source panel. Tap the position you’d like to replace (e.g. A, B, C, D).
- To remove the Multi-view, tap another asset in the Sources panel. Tap Solo to make it full-screen.