Only iOS devices can perform the main mixing and broadcasting for Switcher Studio. However, Macs and PCs can be used as sources for screensharing into a video. With screensharing, you can display slides, websites, and anything else you can pull up on your computer screen.
Note: Screen-sharing from your computer does NOT transmit audio. To include audio playback from your computer, you will need to use an audio mixer.
In order to pull in an external display, you’ll need to install our free screensharing program, Switcher Cast, on your Mac or PC.
Installing Switcher Cast on a Mac or PC
- From your computer, go to https://dashboard.switcherstudio.com/downloads.
- Click Switcher Cast for MacOS or Switcher Cast for Windows.
- Locate the downloaded file on your computer.
- Double-click the file, and follow the instructions to install the Switcher Cast software.
Using Switcher Cast on a Mac or PC
First, ensure your Mac or PC is connected to the same WiFi network as the iOS device that is running Switcher Studio. Next, launch Switcher Cast on your computer. To access the screensharing display:
- Open Switcher Studio from your primary iOS device.
- Tap the Inputs tab.
- You should see your computer’s camera, the main display, and any connected displays.
- Tap the display you’d like to use.
Note: For best results, we recommend setting your computer's screen resolution to 1920 x 1080.