Streaming to LinkedIn Live is quick and easy with Switcher Studio's native integration. Please keep in mind that LinkedIn Live is only available for a limited group of beta members and organizations through LinkedIn. If you do not already have access, you must request access to LinkedIn Live from the LinkedIn team.
Note: Individuals can stream to a personal LinkedIn account (i.e. People page) or an organization's LinkedIn account (i.e. Company page).
Once you've been granted access, there are three main steps to streaming to LinkedIn Live from Switcher Studio. The first step is usually a one-time process. Steps 2 and 3 are required every time you go live.
- Connecting your LinkedIn account to Switcher Studio
- Setting up the stream
- Initiating the broadcast
This article walks through steps 2 and 3.
If you're not ready to go live, check out our article that walks through setting up a private test stream on LinkedIn.
Setting up a LinkedIn Live stream
- Open Switcher Studio in your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Tap the Outputs tab (this should be the default screen).
- Tap LinkedIn Live.
- Add a title and description for your stream, and select your audience.
- Select a quality based on the strength of your Wi-Fi. Remember that streaming in HD requires an extremely robust Internet connection.
- When you are finishing setting up the stream, tap Create Livestream.
Initiating your LinkedIn Live broadcast
- After tapping Create Livestream as described above, you’ll be taken back to the Switcher Studio control screen on your switching device.
- In the Outputs tab, next to LinkedIn, you should see the title of the stream you've created.
- Tap LinkedIn Live and a blue check mark will appear, confirming that’s the streaming destination.
- To go live to LinkedIn, tab the big red button in the top-right corner.