The direct YouTube integration Switcher Studio offers is normally easy and seamless to set up for users. Normally, when there is an error with YouTube live-streaming, something did not complete correctly during the initial set-up. The best way to remedy this is to completely remove the connection between YouTube and Switcher, and then to reconnect them together.
Step One: Unlink YouTube From Switcher
To unlink your YouTube account from Switcher Studio, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the Outputs tab in the lower right area of the main device.
- Tap the blue "+" icon in the upper right of this area.
- Select "YouTube" from the dialog box then select “Unlink Your YouTube Account”.
Step Two: Log Into The Switcher Studio Website
- Navigate to switcherstudio.com.
- Click "Log In" from the top-right corner.
- Log in with your email address and password used for your Switcher Studio account.
- Click on the orange "Link Account" icon beside YouTube in the "Linked Accounts Panel".
Step Three: Relink YouTube To Switcher
- You should see the YouTube logo now in the center of the page. Underneath the logo, click on "Link Account".
- Enter in the email address and password associated with your YouTube account. (NOTE: This may not be the same as your Switcher Studio login information).
- You will get an alert saying that Switcher Studio wants to manage your YouTube account. Click "Allow". Create a new YouTube event.
Return To The Switcher Studio App
- Reopen Switcher Studio on your main switching device, and select "Use As Switcher".
- In the Outputs tab, you should see your new event's name that was created above. If you do not, swipe your finger down on the Outputs section to refresh the screen.
- Still in the Outputs tab, tap on "YouTube" to make sure that there is a blue checkmark next to YouTube.
- Go live!