Switcher Studio's Facebook integration allows you to easily stream to your Timeline, a Page, or a Group (as long as you are an Admin of the Page/Group). When you link Switcher Studio to Facebook, you will be promoted to log into Facebook. You want to be sure you log into your own, personal Facebook account during this step.
If you accidentally connect the wrong Facebook account to Switcher Studio, you can undo the connection, as outlined below. You will essentially need to log out of the incorrect Facebook account, then log into the correct Facebook account, and re-link Switcher Studio.
Note: You must go through these steps on a Mac or PC computer. It will not working using the Facebook mobile app or using a mobile browser.
Step 1: Log out of the incorrect Facebook account from a computer
- Go to Facebook.com on a browser from a computer.
- Click the arrow in the top right corner.
- Click Log Out.
- You will be taken to the main Log In/Sign Up screen of Facebook.
Step 2: Log into the correct Facebook account from a computer
- From the main Log In/Sign Up screen of Facebook (facebook.com), enter your email address and password for the account you want to connect to Switcher Studio.
- Click Log In.
Step 3: Unlink Facebook from Switcher Studio
- Log into the Switcher Studio Dashboard: https://dashboard.switcherstudio.com/
- Go to the Streaming Providers page.
- Click the icon for Facebook Live.
- Click Unlink Account.
- Do not navigate away from the Facebook Live page on the Dashboard.
Step 3: Relink Facebook to Switcher Studio
- From the Facebook Live page of the Dashboard, click Link Your Facebook Account.
- Switcher will connect to the Facebook account that you most recently logged into (in Step 2).
Note: if you are linking to a Facebook account for the first time, you may be prompted to set the visibility and enable permissions to post content. Please following these instructions:
- Keep the visibility setting on Public and click OK. This is really important because if you change this setting to anything but Public, no one will be able to see any videos you stream with Switcher Studio. You can adjust the visibility settings for each individual video when you set up the stream.
- Click OK on the next screen when asked about posting content.