With Switcher Studio, you can go Live to any Facebook Groups that you have Admin permissions for via Facebook. However, an Admin of the Facebook Group must first allow Switcher Studio to make posts in the group. If the Switcher Studio app has not been allowed by you or another group admin, you will see an error message appear on the screen telling you to allow it when you try to create a post.
This guide will show you how to stream to a Facebook Group from start-to-finish.
STEP ONE: Set Up Your Facebook Group For Streaming
Navigate to your Group on Facebook. You must use a physical computer/laptop for this process. Remember, also, that you must be an Admin of the Group. Select "More...".
Then, choose "Edit Group Settings".
Scroll down to where it says "Add Apps". Click on this.
Search for "Switcher Studio". Select Switcher Studio.
Confirm that you wish to allow streaming to your Group from Switcher Studio. Select "Add".
Close the final confirmation box.
STEP TWO: Make Your Streaming Event Within Switcher Studio
- Log into the Switcher Studio app on your main switching device. Once you are logged in, tap on the blue arrow beside the word "Facebook".
- Tap "Link Your Facebook Account".
- Follow the steps to link your Facebook account. Note that you should allow Switcher Studio to post publicly. Changing this from "public" can cause many issues, so leave it set to "public". You will be able to customize the visibility of each individual stream.
- Now, it's time to set up your actual stream! All of the parts in Step One and parts #1-5 of Step Two only need to be done once. You will begin at part #5 below for all subsequent broadcasts:
- Tap on "Group".
- Select the Group that you want. If you do not see it in the list, select the orange "More Groups" button to load additional Groups.
- Now, enter in a title, a description, and a stream quality. Select "Create Live Stream" when you are done!
- Tap on the word "Facebook" to place the blue check mark beside it. You should see your stream's title on the Facebook line in grey text. Tap the red button at the top-right corner of the screen to go live when you are ready!