When you have Director Mode enabled, you can adjust the frame rates of your Switcher Studio production. The finished composition will have fixed frame rate once it pulls all the angles back in and rebuilds the video. Specific frame rates are sometimes a requirement for broadcast stations (25fps is the broadcast standard for Europe, while 29.97fps is the broadcast standard for the U.S.).
To adjust the frame rate, you'll need to enable Director Mode first.
Enabling Director Mode
- Open Switcher Studio on your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Go to the Outputs / Destinations tab.
- Toggle Director Mode to On (shown below).
- A dialogue box will appear informing you that the built-in camera will be disabled. Select Continue to move forward or Cancel to go back.
- Once enabled, a yellow “Director” icon will appear on the screen to indicate that the feature is active.
Adjusting the Frame Rate while in Director Mode
- From the Outputs / Destinations tab, tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Composition Frame Rate.
- Tap the desired frame rate.