Recording in 4K (3840 x 2160) is available in Director Mode. Check out this article to learn about using Director Mode.
Once you're sure you'd like to record in Director Mode, you can turn it on and select 4K recording. Below, we've included a video walkthrough and step-by-step instructions with screenshots.
Note: 4K files are very large. Be sure you have significant storage on all your devices before you begin. Files will typically be 5.4GB per hour of video for each 4K camera angle.
Enabling Director Mode & Selecting 3840 x 2160 (4K)
Step-by-step instructions with screenshots
- Open Switcher Studio on your main switching device, and tap Use as Switcher.
- Go to the Outputs / Destinations tab.
- Toggle Director Mode to On (shown below).
- A dialogue box will appear informing you that the built-in camera will be disabled. Select Continue to move forward.
- Tap Advanced Settings.
- Tap Composition Format.
- Tap 3840 x 2160 (4K).
- You will receive a warning to adjust the WiFi Camera Communications setting before you begin recording. Adjust the setting to optimize for 4K by following these instructions.
Note: Not all devices are capable of recording in 4K. If a device is not capable, it will record in the highest resolution available.
You can see the resolution for each device by connecting your cameras and tapping the “i” icon in the upper left of the main Switcher interface. You'll see a list of your devices and the resolution each one will record in.