If you are on the Standard or Plus plans, you can schedule your Facebook livestreams from the Switcher Studio Dashboard or mobile app. You can schedule streams up to seven days in advance and share the link before going live.
Set up a new Facebook stream in the Dashboard
- Log into your Switcher Studio Dashboard.
- If you have not yet linked your Facebook account to Switcher, click Link Account and follow the prompts. If you have already linked your account, click Facebook from the Linked Accounts section of the Dashboard homepage.
- The Facebook stream setup screen will show your default streaming destination (Page, Timeline, Group) and available settings. To change the destination, click the gear icon in the top right and click Choose New Destination. Selecting your desired Page, Timeline, or Group will take you to a new setup screen.
- Enter a Title and Description to make it easier to identify for both you and your audience. You can change this information later.
- Select a quality (if you're at the location where you'll be streaming, we recommend using the Test Speed button to have Switcher select the Stream Quality based on your network speed).
- Click the toggle button next to Schedule. When Scheduling is enabled, the button will turn orange and a box will appear with date and time information.
Schedule the Facebook stream
- Click in the box with date and time details that appeared when you enabled Scheduling in the last step above. A calendar will appear.
- Click on a date that's within seven days.
- Click the clock icon under the calendar to adjust the time.
- Use the up and down arrows to adjust the start time. Alternatively, you can click on the hour to choose between 1 - 12, and you can click on the minute to choose a common start time.
- Click the AM/PM button to toggle between the two.
- Click anywhere off the calendar or time selector when you are finished selecting the start time.
- Click the Create Livestream button.
- You will receive a confirmation message that your stream is synced with Switcher Studio.
When you log into the Switcher Studio app, you will see the name of your scheduled broadcast in the Outputs tab. Simply go live at the scheduled time, and you'll be all set!