Facebook Crossposting allows you to stream to multiple Pages at once. You can set up Crossposting on up to 200 Pages. Prior to using Crossposting in Switcher Studio, you will need to set it up on Facebook.
Note: In order to set up Crossposting for your Facebook Page, you must be an Admin. You do not have to be an Admin of the Page you want to Crosspost to, but an Admin must approve the Crossposting request.
Setting up Crossposting on Facebook
- Go to facebook.com, and navigate to your Page.
- Under Manage Page, click Settings.
- Under Page Settings, scroll down and click Crossposting in the left menu.
- In the box next to Add Page, begin typing the Page's name or Facebook URL.
- Select the Page from the list that appears.
- Select your preference from the Live Videos options.
- Click Next.
You will have to wait for an Admin of the requested Page to approve your Crossposting request. Facebook provides a link that you can copy and paste to message an Admin directly.
You can access the link at any time by going to your Page > Settings > Crossposting . In the Pending Crosspost Requests section, click on the link icon.
Using Crossposting in the Switcher Studio App
Once the crossposting relationship has been granted on Facebook, you can use the feature when setting up your stream in Switcher Studio.
- Select Facebook in the Outputs tab
- After entering your stream details, tap the toggle button next to Crossposting.
- Once enabled the button will turn orange (as shown below), and a box will appear.
- Select from the options or start typing the name of the Page you want to stream to with Crossposting. Repeat this process if you want to Crosspost to multiple Pages.
- Pages you select will appear in a box with an x before the name.
- If you add the wrong Page, tap the x next to it, and it will be removed from the box.
Note: Crossposting can only be used with Pages. If you would like to crosspost to a Facebook Group, a workaround is to post to your Page, and then share that post to the desired Group.